A special tread pattern for urban buses designed for routes which comprise numerous stops and re-starts together with scuffing against the pavement edge. The pattern is characterized by three circumferential grooves which ensure good directional control together with shoulder blocks which guarantee traction and are reinforced for reduced lateral scrubbing.
A tread pattern particularly suited to urban bus drive axles, but also suitable for drive axle applications on long distance buses and on medium horsepower trucks when good traction and wear resistance are required.
– Excellent stability, good water dispersion, smooth running and passenger comfort
– Adequate grip and traction even on slippery surfaces. Low heat built-up and increased mileage
– Wear resistance and low tread usage on mixed and tortuous routes together with reduced lateral scrubbing
– Grip and traction even on slippery surfaces, good braking control
– Resistance to chipping, scrubbing and wear
|RING TREAD||SIZE||SKID WIDTH||SKID DEPTH||USAGE||RECOMMENDED||ACCEPTED||LIMITED||DO-NOT USE||WING TREAD|
|RD2 PLUS||295/80R22.5||240MM||21MM||LONG HAUL||x|
|12R22.5||240MM||21MM||CITY & INTERCITY|
|295/80R22.5||250MM||21MM||ON / OFF||x|